萊戈拉斯是元祖"阿凡達" LEGOLAS WAS FIRST AVATAR

[复制链接]
Anniek 发表于 2010-1-1 14:04:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
作者說像小萊這種美型戰士,是電影阿凡達的人物造型靈感。
也預示了未來會有更多男觀眾接受美形精靈戰士的電影類型。

source: http://tnp.sg/show/story/0,4136,225537,00.html

LEGOLAS WAS FIRST AVATAR

Jason Johnson

When he saw the CGI Gollum in The Lord Of The Rings, James Cameron said he knew it would finally be possible to make Avatar.

Far be it for me to contradict The King Of The World, but I would posit that Avatar owes a greater debt to the elfin warrior Legolas.

For as long as I can remember, I've been obsessed with elves, and for as long as I can remember, they've been considered 'gay'.

Robots are cool. Aliens are cool. Vampires are cool. Cowboys are cool. Gangsters are cool. Zombies are cool. Serial killers are cool. Superheroes are cool.

Pointy ears and pixie dust? Not so cool.

Hey, I get it.

But then, back in 2001, when Peter Jackson's epic The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring was unleashed upon the elf-loathing masses, a funny thing happened - the elf ended up being the most kick-butt guy in all of Middle Earth.

Though Orlando Bloom, the handsome young actor who played Legolas, seems to be struggling a bit at the moment, it is difficult to overstate just how much people loved him as Legolas.

The hobbits were cute, Aragorn was sexy, Gimli was funny, but Legolas was so inhumanly beautiful, so amazingly graceful, so supremely noble and so surprisingly lethal that he was impossible to dismiss.

He may have had long blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes, he may have been a tad too natty, but Legolas was no 'sissy'.

More than anyone else in the movie, he was the guy you wanted to be.

Gollum may have proven that it was technically possible to create a photo-realistic, fully-fleshed CGI character, but Legolas proved that audiences were ready to embrace magical bow-shootin' fancy lads.

Nevertheless, when the Avatar trailers first started coming out, a lot of people seemed to be put off by the 'blue elves'.

Young men and boys, the people for whom most blockbusters are made, still tend to be very protective of their sexual identity, and movies that hint at a softer aesthetic do so at their peril.

With their cat eyes and feathery necklaces, lean torsos and braids, the Na'vi looked like Legolas by way of Lady Gaga.

I honestly believe that the early negative buzz surrounding Avatar was caused by nothing more than gay panic.

Once people actually saw the movie, of course, they realised that, like Legolas, the elfish characters inhabiting the jungle moon of Pandora were as straight as their 2m-long arrows.

Much to the relief of the less fair representatives of the less fair sex, the Na'vi turned out to be strong, proud and brave.

With the success of Avatar, it's not unreasonable to expect something of an elven deluge over the coming months and years.

Girls already have the Winx Club and the Tinkerbell movies. Miley Cyrus has a new fairy project called Wings in the works.

The upcoming adaptation of the indie comic Elfquest should have broader appeal, as will the upcoming World Of Warcraft flick that is in the works.

Still not convinced? 2010 is the year Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson will spread his tiny wings in The Tooth Fairy.

Time to step aside, zombies.
feeling 发表于 2010-1-1 16:57:56 | 显示全部楼层
有意思啊~
阿凡达我只能等出差回来才能看了……
tracyanne 发表于 2010-1-7 10:53:21 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢斐儿推荐的美文,很有同感啊~~
天铃鸟 发表于 2010-1-7 12:03:16 | 显示全部楼层
我们公司有这个电影的包场,但是是给客户预备的……我还是自己乖乖掏钱买票得了OJZ
likeasong 发表于 2010-1-17 05:52:26 | 显示全部楼层
Avatar很不错,可我压根没和legolas联系起来,道行还是不够,哎!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|白树开花同人论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 00:51 , Processed in 0.103995 second(s), 14 queries .